46282-5, Amana 5-Pack CNC 2D and 3D Carving 5.4 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Tip 1/16 Dia x 1/32 Radius x 1 x 1/4 Shank x 3 Inch Long x 4 Flute Solid Carbide ZrN Coated Router Bits
46282, Amana CNC 2D and 3D Carving 5.4 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Tip 1/16 Dia x 1/32 Radius x 1 x 1/4 Shank x 3 Inch Long x 4 Flute Solid Carbide ZrN Coated Router Bit
Specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic, aluminum, & wood with machines such as "i-Carver", CNC Shark®, ShopBot®, Datron & Carvewright™. The high-shear ball nose tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Compatible with CarveWright™ and CompuCarve woodworking systems
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
Excellent for cutting:
- Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver & Titanium
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Foam Board
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Phenolic Composites
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polyurethane Foam
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
Benefits of Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coating
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting edge, allows for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up of material in the flutes while cutting
- Have the tendency to run/spin much faster than an uncoated tool
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter (where the machine or work piece vibrates) under high chip loads (when used with low TIR spindles)
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate, have a very small diameter, therefore any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome.
Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.
- Tool No. 46282-5
- (D) Diameter 1/16
- (R) Radius 1/32
- (a°) Angle 5.4°
- (B) Cutting Height 1
- (d) Shank 1/4
- Overall Length (L) 3
- type Ball Nose
- Flutes 4
At Beaver Industrial Supply, we are committed to offering the best selection of machinery, tools, and supplies at the best price; this is why we price match! If a local or select online competitor* is offering an exact, in-stock item for less, let us know and we’ll match their price! Please refer to our policy terms and conditions listed below.
Customer must contact us (in-store, phone, or email) to inform one of our customer service representatives of the particular item, its lower price, and the retailer selling the item, before they place their order.
If customer doesn’t see the competitor’s lower price until after they purchased the exact, in-stock item from us, then that customer has 30 days to notify us so that we can issue a refund for the amount of the price difference.
BIS reserves the right to verify the price and the availability of the item (i.e. size, model, quantity, brand, color) to ensure that it matches our item and that the competitor selling the item has it currently in-stock during the time the price match is requested.
BIS will price match:
> Products from the following brands: Festool, Fein, Mirka, Kreg, Sawtrax, Triton, Amana Tool, Imperial Blades, Knipex, and Razorweld.
> Items from local or online Authorized Dealers of Festool, Fein, Mirka, Kreg, Sawtrax, Triton, Amana Tool, Imperial Blades, Knipex, and Razorweld.*
BIS will NOT price match:
> Items from online marketplaces, auction sites, or sites that require membership such as but not limited to: Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, Overstock.com, Newegg, Bonanza, Sears.com, Rakuten, and Yahoo! Shopping.*
> Any JET, Wilton or Powermatic items.
> Misprinted ad prices of other retailers or “going out of business"/closeout sales.
> Ads for free gift or gift card with purchase. Percentage Off or Buy One Get One Free advertisements without a specific price.
> Instant Rebates, Bundle Offers, Free Shipping Offers, Mail-in Offers, or Offers that include financing.
This policy applies to all items sold at Beaver Industrial Supply or one of its subsidiary companies. Beaver Industrial Supply reserves the right to modify the terms of this Policy at any time. For questions regarding our Price Match Promise Policy, please contact our Customer Service Department by phone 1(800)365-6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.